Elderly Are more Prone to Hemorrhoids
Statistics have shown that the prevalence of hemorrhoids increases as the person gets older. In the recent count almost 50% of people with hemorrhoids are also over the age of 50. It is usually associated to the changes that the body go through as we age.
As we get older, vulnerable rectal sphincter muscles, in conjunction with other aging problems helps it be possible to acquire hemorrhoids without them having to exert any strenuous effort.
Although there are many factors that can contribute for the elderly to develop this condition, it is said that there are only two factors which could significantly irritate hemorrhoids: persistent constipation and unrestrainable soiling.
Chronic Constipation is a Very Common Problem for the Elderly
For many, this really is caused by eating foods that are easy to chew and swallow. The bad news is that these kinds of food have very little fibers or roughage - as a result, the stool becomes very hard, dry, and difficult to pass.
Because the elderly usually have a difficulty in passing stool, many resort to using laxatives in order to help with the bowel movement. Prolonged use of laxatives is in fact not helpful in the long run. People may become dependent and cannot pass stool without resorting to them.
The opposite of chronic constipation, some elderly have anal sphincter muscles that are so weak that they cannot control bowel movements. As a result of this, they suffer from incontinence and uncontrollable leaking of feces from the anus. In addition to causing chafed skin and ulcers, constant soiling can bother the hemorrhoidal veins in the anus and anal canal, and therefore result in hemorrhoids.
Hemorrhoids with BleedingHemorrhoids with Bleeding. Calmovil Hemorrhoid Relief Set consists of homeopathic drops, soothing topical cream, and natural supplement, developed to help target the source of piles. Calmovil's ingredients have been used for many years to support good blood circulation, help reducing inflammation and support healthy hemorrhoidal veins. Improving blood flow, lowering swelling and supporting healthy veins has been shown to eliminate the symptoms related to hemorrhoids.
Click Here to Learn More »
Helping the Elderly to Treat Hemorrhoids
You might be looking after an aging adults suffering from hemorrhoids, below are a few tips in looking after all of them despite the fact that not to aggravate their condition.
- First thing that you have to do is to tell them to avoid using laxatives.
- As we have mentioned earlier, laxatives can do more harm than good in the long run.
- Instead, encourage them to eat foods which have laxative qualities such as prunes, prune juice, figs, and dried fruits.
- If there is really a need to use a laxative, choose those fiber based stool softener to be able to bulk up the stools and make it easier to complete.
To guarantee the easy passage of stool, you can lubricate the arschfick canal with petroleum jelly before a bowel movement.
May Also be Helpful to Put Them on a Warm Sitz Bath or Cold Compress
Allow them to sit on tepid to warm water in order to ease the pressure in the lower rectum then alternately apply cold compress on the afflicted area. This can be done a few minutes in a day to provide temporary relief from hemorrhoids.
- Modification in their diet is also necessary.
- Let them eat more fiber-rich foods.
- Despite of popular belief, there are plenty of fiber-rich foods that are not crunchy or difficult to chew.
- For example, oatmeal, barley, peas, steamed vegetables and also stewed fruits are rich in soluble fibers.
- Along with that, let them drink plenty of liquids also.
- It is also useful to let them drink water with meals, instead of between meals, as this can help soften the fiber and make it easier to pass.
The Elderly Usually Feel Helpless When They are Stricken With Any Condition
Hemorrhoids leave a patient with an unpleasant feeling, so it is the responsibility of the younger generation to spare these from the pains of this condition by guiding all of them in suggestions to prevent the occurrence of hemorrhoids.
Hemorrhoids Treatment, How to Get Rid of Hemorrhoids, Home Remedies for Hemorrhoids, How to Treat
Hemorrhoids Treatment: These are *All the Real Proven Ways to Get Rid of Hemorrhoids You Actually Need to Know Right Now Today... 1. 0:18 How to Get Rid ...
At http://best-treatment-for-hemorrhoids.com you find more information, tips, the very best treatment for hemorrhoids and a lively, growing community to support your efforts to get rid of the most difficult cases of hemorrhoids.